Monday 31 October 2011

L.A. Girl Rock Star Collection

Pin It
Hey lovely ladies,

Today was a bit flat out and I didn't manage to water marble my nails. Instead I have swatches of my LA Girl Rock Star polishes I got from Cherry Culture a few months ago.

These guys came out in 2009.


Groupie - sunlight

Groupie - indoors
 Groupie - is purple duochrome shimmer along the lines of OPI Ink. - Colour-wise it is predominantly a grape purple with shimmer that shifts between pink and blue (just like OPI Grape...Set...Match. but without the foil like finish). The formula is on the thin side and it needs 3 coats to reach opacity.

Punk - sunlight

Punk - sunlight

Punk - sunlight
 Punk is a blue version of  Groupie. It has a dark blue base (reminds me a little of airforce blue) with shimmer particles that shift between teal and blurple. Again, the formula is thin so it needs 3 coats but it is so worth it! This was my surprise favourite. Punk is like China Glaze Rodeo Fanatic with a different finish! I don't know about you but I love these shimmery flat glitter like particle polishes. I'm sure there's a better name for the finish but either way I prefer it to a straight shimmer. Maybe it's a "sparkly shimmer"?

Party Animal - indoors

Party Animal - sunlight
 Party Animal is a vampy dark, deep maroon creme with sparse, fine silver glitter. This shade is to die for too - and I don't gravitate towards the vampy shades.The only issue I had with this formula was it's tendency towards cuticle drag, so give it a while between coats. I found 2 to be sufficient.

Rock Star - sunlight

Rock Star - indoors
 Rock Star is just as the name promises. A glossy black creme with irregular sized fine glitter flecks that flash pink, purple & gold. I think my photos manage to capture the colour of the glitter correctly. My brush on this one was wonky so application wasn't the best but I think it was just a luck of the draw type thing. I think I used 3 coats here but if I recall correctly, 2 was opaque.

I'm really happy with the polishes (not always the norm, especially when I order online) I chose from the collection as a whole. Not one let me down and I know I'll wear them all. The only downside is that they have a fairly long dry/setting time (especially the 3 coaters) so I recommend a quick dry top coat or drying drops.
 Did I mention what a bargain these guys are too? Only US$2.50 a piece! Gotta love a bargain :)

Fingers crossed I have time to attempt the water marble tomorrow!

xxx
Michaela

4 comments:

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...