Friday 21 October 2011

Dollish Polish Frankens

Pin It
Hey everyone,

I felt like taking a T.O. from the 31 day challenge today cos I'm not feeling too well. Luckily I've been doing some swatching in between each challenge manicure so I have some other goodies to show you!

A few weeks ago I was reading Nails Made Simple, where Maria did a post on a gorgeous looking Franken she had bought off Etsy, named Satine.

I had to have it, so I tracked down the Etsy store Dollish Polish and I've been hauling Dolly's frankens ever since! I'm serious, we've traded emails enough now that we're practically best buds - she's really awesome too! One of the coolest things about Dolly's polishes is that she bases each one on an aspect of a film eg. Satine is for the character Nicole Kidman plays in Moulin Rouge.

My first order I bought just two polishes - just in case I didn't love them. Well, I do love them & have placed a further two orders, since! Here they are:


Satine (2 coats) clockwise from left: Lamp, Overcast, Lamp


This is Satine - a linear holographic deep pink with hints of mauve. When I first put Satine on it reminded me of Zoya Drew - which I wasn't expecting based on Maria's swatch, but I was really pleased because I think Drew is beautiful and feels like a work appropriate pink. Satine was easy to apply, quite a thin but pigmented formula.


Welcome to Forks (2 coats) - all photos in varying degrees of sunlight

Welcome to Forks - inspired by the township of Forks, Washington as portrayed in the Twilight Saga. This is a really interesting ocean green shimmer. It has this mysteriousness about it, (a haziness) like it's namesake - it could be due to the grey pigment in the formula. It can look quite different depending on the lighting too - either forest like or very blue toned. The formula was the same as Satine's, however I added a coat of Orly Glosser top coat which caused it to bubble a bit - it actually just looked bumpy like I had fine bits of gravel/grit on my nails. Glosser has done that to me a few times, even when a polish is pretty dry, hmmmmmm.

Dollish Polish frankens come in 5 ml bottles and the brushes are fairly decent - long, wide-ish and they fan out easily. The price per bottle varies (depending on cost of ingredients) between US$3.25-$4.25. She has some really great ones up at the moment including a Breaking Dawn Part 1 trio of shades that I'm awaiting eagerly!

I think Dolly only makes 4 bottles of each shade so get in quick to check out Dollish Polish on Etsy now! You can also find some nail art supplies, sets of painted fake nails & cellphone charms in the shop.

xxx
NPA

3 comments:

  1. They look absolutely gorgeous on you!! I'm so happy you are pleased with them!! Can't wait to see the rest on you!!
    xxx ~ Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the swatches!! They are gorgeous!!! I placed an order the other day, and I cannot wait to get them!!!!

    allthatisgorgeous.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. AllThatIsGorgeous - I'm so glad! Which ones did you order? I'm waiting on the Breaking Dawn trio, toxic avenger, nice scrunchy, heather, the shire & who ever heard of a snozzberry?!!!!
    I really want "We're gonna need a bigger boat" too! Too many? haha

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...