Wednesday 19 October 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 10 - GRADIENT

Pin It
Yes, today was the challenge of the gradient nails.

I've never done a proper gradient mani before, so I was more than ready to get cracking on this one. I forgot to take photos of the process but I'm sure you'll live -

Overcast

Overcast - with a tiny hint of sun

Artificial Lighting
Polishes used l-r: OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender, Mode XOXO, Mode Glamazon, Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl & LA Colors Color Craze in Star Light

I started off with 3 thin coats of LLL, then I sponged 2/3 way down my nails with XOXO. Next, I sponged 1/3 way down my nail with Glamazon. It wasn't looking opaque enough on the tip so I added a little Dddy's Girl to the tips of the nails. I finished up by introducing some sparkles to the gradient - 1 coat of Star Light.

Starlight
Can you give me the fame
Can you hurl me the game
Oh oh starlight
(Starlight have what you need)



Did that just pop in to anyone else's head?!

I, of course sealed the sucker with a coat of SV. Dunzo.
I wish that the holo glitter was a bit more sparse/a wee bit finer (like Out the Door Silver Holo top coat), but other than that I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.


But more importantly, what do you think of my gradient attempt?


On a completely unrelated note, my baby Buster went to the vets to get neutered today. I finally understand why some guys get really touchy about having their dogs fixed. For me I feel really guilty subjecting him to the pain - and guys have a unique perspective on that!!! I'm all for neutering/spaying non-breeding dogs and cats but I don't want him to have to go through it all!!! Makes me wonder how hard it is for parents whose kids have to have operations - especially when they're only wee bubs :(


I get to pick him up in a half hour, can't wait! I'm just hoping they give him an Elizabethan collar so he can't get the stitches all wet and dirty - I do not want the poor man to get an infection down there!


Alright, til tomorrow,


xxx
NPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...