Monday 22 August 2011

China Glaze Metro Collection Swatches & Review Part 2 - Shimmah & Glittah!

Pin It
Hehehehe... (cackles) on to the fun half of the collection!




 CG in the City has a clear base, with bronze, silver & purple (I think, it's hard to tell) glitter pieces in it. I think they call it micro-glitter (very fine pieces). Quite pretty, takes 3-4 coats to be opaque so it'll make a good layering polish. I have seen it over Urban Night and it looks very pretty!



 Skyscraper is like Dorothy Who?'s older, darker sister! A dark blue jelly base, with navy & silver micro-glitter (same size as in CG in the City). Only 2-3 coats to be opaque hooray! I used 3 in the photo above but if I wasn't photographing it I could have left it at 2 coats. Not at all gritty, either.





Midtown Magic is an extremely dark plum (so appears dark brown) with gold glass fleck like glitter/shimmer throughout. This reminds me of Side Saddle but they are not at the same.Side Saddle is winey in colour  & only has shimmer, no glitter flecks. MM is gorgeous & sophisticated! 2 coat was perfection.




Trendsetter is one of those ugly colours that I adore!!! Sort of a mustard but darker, murkier, a bit more green to it than the usual mustard offerings. And it has glass fleck shimmer going on!!!! Same style as Classic Camel, which I LOVED! 2 coater also.

The formulas were awesome on these 4 too. On the thick side but very manoeuvrable and fantastic pigmentation. I wish all CG's were like this! Fingers crossed for future releases. I have no regrets about these guys & would recommend them to everyone!

xxx Michaela

P.S I had a very sad Sunday evening; had to perform a lengthy Nubbin-ectomy on all my nails because most of them had split below the tip :( The upside? Starting tomorrow I will be starting THE NUBBIN DIARIES! Basically a series of posts trying out polish looks for fellow nubbin-ites (solidarity!) & tracking the regrowth & maintenance of my nails. They have never been this short before :(
But, do not fear ye of feminine, lengthy nails! I have lots of swatches in the vault from my last few hauls & shall be showcasing them also.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...