Friday 19 August 2011

OPI Touring America Swatches & Review

Pin It
I love road trips! The snacks, the toilet stops (sometimes on the side of the road), the drinking (Undie 500 you were a beaut, nothing like travelling to Dunedin with a keg of ice breaker to keep 8 girls company!), the sun, the tunes!

The point is, this collection already had a head start with me. I bought 6 of the 12 polishes released - I tried to stay clear of the super dark colours that really just look black at the end of the day & sadly I also left out the greys. Part of me always wants more, the other part says - 'you have a few already & grey isn't really your colour' - and I might end up splurging on the more yellow toned one - Suzi takes the wheel, is it?

Anyway here are the ones I did buy! (from Sale Nail)
First shot is flash or in sunlight
Second is indoor



A-taupe The Space Needle
Isn't what I would class as a taupe, though I'm fairly sure the simply named this for the pun! It has a military camo feel to me. Like the browny/green colour they have on fatigues. It has some yellow in it so it went quite nicely with my skin tone. You know I'm a fan because it is fugly!!! I think this was only 2 coats, no problem with the formula, but in the bottle the base colour separates (like most of my Barielle polishes do) from the rest of the polish so it looks a bit unappealing. It dried to a fairly glossy finish.




Uh-Oh, Roll Down The Window
Has a fantastic name! This is the military green-esque colour most fall collections seem to have this year. It has a bit of olive in it too I think and I adore it! It's so awesome to have yellow toned greens around - the last wee while has been all about blue greens & teals, which I never shine in - still wear though! Same application and formula separation as the first. A-taupe & this look like they are related base colour wise, they complement each other really well and I think I will have to incorporate them into a mani together. I love the dusty grey factor both have.




Road House Blues
Is a beautiful dark blue - past navy - with a decent amount of purple in it. It is a creme of course like the two above. Nice application, 2 coats. Have you noticed that I've started cleaning my cuticles up when I swatch?! This is a big deal for me considering my motto is "Near enough is good enough" - shocking I know but I am deeply lazy! RHB has been likened to OPI Sapphire in the Snow excepting that SINTS has noticeably more purple in it. I had been lemming it for a long time & this has sort of sorted me out! SINTS is pretty much impossible to find anyway. I love that RHB manages to stay looking blue & never black (to the discernible eye, ie. not your boyfriend) even in low light.



Are We There Yet?
Is a wee bit pinker than the photo shows but as my camera despises corals & oranges this is the best I could get; the flash just made it crazy pink! So this is an orange/peach leaning coral shimmer. Very pretty, the shimmer is kind of gold but also appears to be coral to me. It is a fairly subtle shimmer, but noticeable in the sun. I needed 3 coats because it is thin formula with very average pigmentation :( Lots of bloggers have mentioned that they got cuticle drag if they didn't wait for ages in between coats but happily, I didn't have that problem!



I Eat Mainely Lobster
Another coral shimmer, but this one is darker & pinker. I was so annoyed at how similar this was to Misa Bop Til You Drop that I didn't even swatch it! They both even needed 3 coats. I did feel that when I compared them Misa looked a touch pinker but I couldn't be sure. The shimmer is even the same in these guys! It did look nice on me though!






Color To Diner For
A beautiful dusky red shimmer that I would describe as a ruby wine with gold shimmah! Another great colour for warm skin tones!!! Thank you OPI! It did need 3 coats but the application was easy IMO. Sorry about the weird 2nd pic - I didn't edit it "officially" so what I rotated to be horizontal ended up looking like that.

Overall, I am very happy with this collection. Yes, it would have been nice for the shimmers to be more opaque/pigmented but most of my OPIs end up being 3 coaters unless I'm on fire with my manicuring skilled so it isn't really a problem.  I really loved the cremes, the corals weren't that special at the end of the day but they are flattering and great for summer. CTDF is a great addition to my collection in that I have nothing like it!

How do you feel about this Autumn offering from OPI? Anyone not a fan?

xxx NPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...