Monday 27 February 2012

Dollish Polish - Mammoth Swatch Goodness!

Pin It
Hey everyone,

Welcome to a new week! Over the last few weeks I've had a flood of polish arrive. Far too many to admit to or show you photographic proof of!!!

Among the gorge-iosity of A-England, China Glaze, Barielle, Essie, Orly & Nicole by OPI; some new polishes from Dolly arrived!

I did my best to get down to business and swatch her creations ASAP. Today I finally finished (she sent like 16 at once!!!) and now I can share them with you too!

WARNING - pic heavy, so I've put the rest of the post under the fold :)

Jean-Claude - 3 coats - white light


Jean-Claude - 3 coats - white light
Jean-Claude is the first polish from Dolly's Book Series. The photos no-way near do it justice! It is a dark sapphire blue glitter set in a clear base with sparse silver holo glitter. IRL it's about a shade or 2 darker. Truly fabulous. This is 3 coats and it starts to get a bit thick so I stopped here. Coverage is prety good, and I think I'll use this for layering anyway. One coat of SV is all I needed to get it smooth and shiny.

IWOISNO - 3 coats - overcast

IWOISNO - 3 coats - white light

IWOISNO - 3 coats - overcast
It Wasn't Over, It's Still Not Over - is one of Dolly's original frankens that has had a makeover. What was once a medium blue base with silver glitter has become a pretty periwinkle pearly shimmer with a purple flash and fine white-silver-blue glitter. I still can't figure out what colour the glitter is, but it's pretty. It dries much smoother than the original. IRL it's a touch darker, with the most beautiful lilac/mauve shimmer/flash to it. It's a bit sheer, so you need 3 coats to build to opacity. Here, I'm just wearing it with 1 coat of Out The Door, for protection and shine.

Zombie Flesh - 3 coats - white light

Zombie Flesh - 3 coats - white light
 Zombie Flesh -inspired by The Walking Dead is a great ultra dusty greyed military khaki-green base with green and gold glitter, as well as small black hex glitter. I used 3 coats for the pics, but I actually prefer it with just 2, because it's a little less green and looks more like flesh when it's a little sheerer! I think I used Out The Door top coat for the pics. ZF might be my favourite lacquer from the Dollish Polish line. It's surprisingly flattering too!!! Not sure if that's good or bad though, haha.

STFF - 2 coats - overcast

STFF - 2 coats - white light
Space... The Final Frontier - is dedicated to Dolly's love of Star Trek. A beautiful blackened base (sort of in between a charcoal and black) filled with teal shimmer, really comes to life in the sunlight. It can look more green or blue, depending on  lighting. This has a great formula, on the thick side but very manageable, you need just 2 coats. I topped it off with 1 layer of Out The Door.

HHHH - 3 coats - white light

HHHH - 3 coats - white light
Hip Hop Hippty Hop - is the limited edition Easter polish! A sheer pastel pink base with light green, pink, purple & blue glitter; your nails look just like hand painted Easter eggs! The pink is a bit more vibrant IRL, my camera sort of whitens these tones. It took 3 coats for full coverage, so to preserve my HHHH, next time I'm going to layer just 1 coat over a pale pink creme! I only needed 1 coat of SV to smooth this one out.

CWAR - 4 coats - sunlight

CWAR - 4 coats - sunlight
 Cold Winds Are Rising - has a sheer blue/grey base and is filled with aqua and dark teal fine glitter and small hex. I really like this one too, but I'll be layering it in future also. I liked it at 2 coats but there was VNL for sure, so I'll pop it over a grey creme next time. It dries fairly even, so I just used a coat of Out The Door to give it some shine.

WIHTBS - 3 coats - white light

WIHTBS - 3 coats - sunlight

WIHTBS - 3 coats - white light
Why'd It Have To Be Snakes? - inspired by Indiana Jones, is a swampy green pearly shimmer, packed with various shades of green and gold glitter, and I think some black too. It's sort of unexpectedly sheer, because the base is more glitter than shimmer, but builds nicely in 3 coats. I topped it off with some Out The Door. It definitely reminds me of a 'pretty' swamp. If that's a thing!!

Dark Passenger - 2 coats - white light

Dark Passenger - 2 coats - white light
Dark Passenger - is quite a few shades darker in natural light, but looks like it does in the pics under bright sunlight and artificial light. It's a dark blurple shimmer. It only required 2 coats and had the same thick, yet manageable formula as STFF. Again I used 1 layer of Out The Door top coat.

IAMG - 2 coats - white light

IAMG - 2 coats - white light

IAMG: More colour accurate
I'm A Material Girl - is a hot pink tinted clear base containing black and white hex glitter, black square glitter and tons of matte hot pink approaching neon glitter. I thought I'd have to use it as a layering glitter, but it looks amazing on its own. In the pics I used 2 coats over a ridgefilling base coat and it was nearly opaque.  played with the colour balance A LOT in the last pic to demonstrate how much brighter it is IRL. I used one coat of SV to even it out, cos the the big black squares (which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE) need a thick top coat, cos my nails are pretty curved.

Random Dancing - 1 coat over ChG Electric Pineapple - white light

Random Dancing - 1 coat over ChG Electric Pineapple - white light

Random Dancing - 1 coat over Orly Shine - sunlight

Random Dancing - 1 coat over Orly Shine - sunlight
Random Dancing - is a gorgeous circus glitter concoction. Set in a clear base are different sized hex glitter in purple, silver, orange and clear; as well as square glitter in blue, red and green! You just need 1 layer over whatever base colour you like. I tried it over a chartreuse and silver, SO MUCH FUN! You'll need 1 or 2 coats of SV to smooth it out though!

Team Salvatore - 1 coat over OPI Alpine Snow - sunlight

Team Salvatore - 1 coat over OPI Alpine Snow - sunlight
Team Salvatore - is another multi-coloured glitter this time with fine silver glitter, small black and silver hex glitter and medium red and large black square glitter. This one is freaking amazing! I can't wait to layer it over something other than white! I'm a Vampire Diaries fan too, which doesn't hurt!!

He Slimed Me - 4 coats - sunlight

He Slimed Me - 4 coats - sunlight

He Slimed Me - 4 coats - sunlight
He Slimed Me - is another reboot of a Dolly classic. The old version was heavy on the holo glitter. The new version is a bit more tame, with lime green and holo micro glitter/shimmer; but still has that prismatic glittering effect in bright light. It's more lime than the pics show and seriously cool! It dries a little on the textured side, nothing 1 coat of SV can't see right.

IWDBTTY - 4 coats - sunlight

IWDBTTY - 4 coats - white light
 I Wanna Do Bad Things To You - is a bright red glitter bomb with a little bit of holo silver hex thrown in to keep us on our toes! My camera has turned it a bit more golden than it is IRL. It's a vibrant bright red, for sure! I used 4 coats to absolutely cover my nails, but 3 coats is plenty and I'm tempted to simply layer it over a co-ordinating red creme base in future. I'm a HUGE True Blood fan (the books, more so than the TV show, cos it got too weird Season 3 on). When my male flatmate saw this his reaction was, "Wow it's red, it's really red, and sparkly". Enough said!

Ok, this has been a mammoth post! I didn't actually mean to put all these swatches in one post, but too late now!

You can order these beauties at Dollish Polish on Etsy. 15mL bottles are $8 and 5mL $4. Not bad, aye? Dolly just released 4 new creations, but rumor has it, most of them have already sold out. I'm sure she'll restock as soon as possible though, so just keep checking til they return!!!

Which are your favourite?????

xxx
NPA

1 comment:

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...