Friday 8 June 2012

Spotlight On: Paris Sparkles

Pin It
Hello ladies,

I'm a bit sick of posting 1 polish per post. I started doing that as the norm, when I was running low on photos to post. But I've got a backlog again and I enjoy posting multiples of a specific brand or theme in one go so I'm going to show you some of the other Paris Sparkles glitter polishes I have.

I bought the Baker's Dozen from their Etsy store because it was bloody good value for money ($75 for 13 15mL bottles?!!!) and I'd been eyeing up Stacy's creations for months!
She's based in Arizona and has 60+ different glitter polishes on the go at the moment. I'm pretty sure that's a huge number for any indie brand!

Also, quality wise, I have been rather impressed.Most of the formulas are on the thick side and very spreadable - my favourite consistency in lacquer!!! A few are gritty, while others dry almost smooth! All look great with a layer or two of top coat for ultra shine.

Yesterday, I showed you Blaze; a gorgeous deep orange jelly packed with holo glitters. Right now I have a mix of different finishes for you to ogle.


Firefly - 2 coats - white light

Firefly - macro

 Firefly I admit, I bought mainly for the name! I only recently discovered the Joss Whedon series :) Once I saw the coral peach/pink/gold duochrome-ness I had to add it to the etsy cart!

Firefly is sheer peachy pink with amazing golden glowy almost flakie like shimmer. It's so pretty and I have nothing else with this type of shimmer. It also gives the impression of a duochrome but in reality it's just the shimmer/glitter coming to life. There's also silver chunky bar glitter and fine glitter too.

This was 2-3 coats for full opacity and I used an normal topcoat so it still looks bumpy. With some Seche Vite it looks great though.


Oil Slick - 3 coats - overcast

Oil Slick - 3 coats - overcast

Oil Slick - macro


Oil Slick is a pink/purple to green duochrome with small, square, holo glitter. There's also the odd bit of small hex glitter in Oil Slick too. The holo is much stronger than the photos show, alas it was overcast!!

This one is fairly sheer so it needed 3 thin coats and dries quite bumpy due to the square glitter. I recommend a couple layers of top coat to even it out.


Golden Touch - 3 coats - white light

Golden Touch - 3 coats - white light

Golden Touch - macro


Golden Touch is an intensely holographic gold glitter polish!!! It's made up of small square and small and medium sized hexagon gold holo glitter in clear base. Three coats gives great coverage. It didn't require any shaking which I love!!! This is a yellow leaning gold so probably nicer on neutral and warm skin tones. I thought it might be similar to Color Club Gingerbread, but it's warmer and way more blingy!!!!


Wintermint - 2 coats - white light

Wintermint - 2 coats - white light

Wintermint - macro


Wintermint might just be a new favourite!!! It's a minty blue green glitter with tons of iridescent glitter and blue flashing glitter dominates overall. The clear base is tinted mint also. I  layered 2 coats over Essence Colour & Go Viva La Green. It darkened the base a shade or two and looked so good!!!!

It's got a pretty thick formula but dries with only minimum texture. I used 2 coats of Seche Vite in the photos though, because it wasn't drying fast enough for my liking. I can't wait to try this over some dark colours now!!!

How are you liking these Paris Sparkles?

You can find these 4 and more for $7-8 a bottle on the Paris Sparkles Etsy store HERE.

The mail hasn't been delivered since it snowed and I'm seriously Jonesing for all the nail mail that was coming my way!!! I'm hoping today the postman rings twice!!!!!

xxx
NPA

6 comments:

  1. Firefly <3 its so frustrating it was cancelled so early :(

    I bought a bunch of Paris Sparkles a wee while a go. I was really impressed with them as well, especially since there haven't been a lot of posts about her polishes. Paris sparkles deserves some spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agree! I felt guilty that I hadn't posted them yet because I got them a couple months ago now and have just been lazy photographing them!

      Delete
  2. Wintermint is amazing! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg wintermint is so gorgeous! I need that! Golden Touch is pretty hot too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'm a fan of these-I guess Wintermint isn't so bad! HAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think you would, you're not a glitter whore like me!!!! Go the greens!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...