Saturday 19 November 2011

L.A. Girl METAL Swatches

Pin It
Happy Weekend Everyone!


I actually meant to post these last Friday but I ran out of time so they've been sitting in a semi-finished draft post all week. I think it's about time I set them free.


Antique Gold

Sunlight
Shade

Antique gold is an olive antique gold shimmer. It's a bit watery and takes 3 coats to build up but it dries glossy and looks gorgeous. 

Brass

Overcast
Overcast

Brass is my favourite - I've featured it before :) It's a medium brown mixed with fine silver giving a speckled look. Like the formula of a foil but without any shimmer/sparkle. Dream application, nice consistency, 2 coats.
 
Copper Alloy

Indirect Sun
Sunlight
Shade

Copper Alloy is a pretty reddish orange with a strong yellow gold shimmer - in a similar style to Antique Gold. Again a watery 3 coats is needed (and really a fourth would have added depth) but the pay off is worth it. The base has a pinky tinge to it and the total effect is a wee bit duochromey.


Metallic Olive
 
Indirect Sun
Sunlight
Shade

Metallic Olive isn't olive at all. It's a dark swampy forest green with a lighter green (possibly where the 'olive' comes in) shimmer. Basically the green version of Antique Gold. I love it. Such a pretty green and it's yellow based so it loves me back :)

Iron Red

Sunlight
Sunlight

Iron Red is also oddly named. It's a pink foil for crying out loud! Great formula (like most foils), only 1-2 coats are needed. There is an orange tint to the pink so it's a pink foil for warm skin tones - hallelujah! praise jesus!


I got all these from the same Cherry Culture haul that netted me the LA Girl Rock Star polishes. I think it's another 2009 release - but I'm too lazy to look it up so don't take my word for it! There's a couple others from this collection that I still want, including Trilogy. It's an unusual plummy purple foil - I think!

What do you think, do you have any from this release?

xxx

NPA

2 comments:

  1. Those are all really pretty. I have yet to try this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they might not be the greatest when it comes to formula but plenty of high end ones have the same issues(cough cough, OPI, Essie)from time to time & they're usually only $2.50 on Cherry Culture. They've got some awesome ones in a line called Color Addict - look up some swatches - they have gold shimmer running through them and some really pretty colours like Idol & Hypnotic

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...