Sunday 10 November 2013

China Glaze Holographic in Strap On Your Moonboots & When Stars Collide

Pin It
It seems like ages ago now that I limited myself to just shades from the China Glaze Holographic Collection. I chose the two most unique colours - a blue and burgundy. Now it feels like every indie is producing similar shades but China Glaze manages to achieve that super fine and uniform linear holographic effect other labels just can't - even if the holo is only 1/8 as strong as their OMG collection....


China Glaze Strap On Your Moonboots





Strap On Your Moonboots is a steely blue subtle linear holo. I had to have this because the colour was quite different to all the holos that were on the market at the time this collection was released. I'm not usually in to metallics, but SOYM is pretty sweet. The formula was great, you can get away with one careful coat, but I used two for these swatches.


China Glaze When Stars Collide





When Stars Collide is a burgundy hued weak linear holographic polish. I love how ultra smooth ChG manages to make their holos. The rainbows only really stand out in direct light, but the shade is so pretty on its own, I don't really mind. The formula is very opaque too. I'm wearing two coats in these photos but if you are cautious, you can get full coverage in one coat!


Which Holographics do you own/drool over?


xxx
NPA

1 comment:

  1. I have these shades and have managed to get a few from each ChG holo collection. The indies can definitely out-holo ChG, but they are still worth having...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...