Monday 10 June 2013

The Polish Well assorted swatches

Pin It
Got some really pretty polishes to show you today, all made by Mich of the gorgeous nail blog, The Polish Well.
I bought a couple of Mich's creation last year and when she reopened her Etsy store a couple of months ago I made sure to pick up a collection of her new releases.


The Polish Well Lust




 Lust blew me away! It's part of Mich's Seven Deadly Sins Collection. I was expecting more of a tinted glitter top coat, but after three coats it reached an opaque wine/plum jelly sandwich look. It's so rich and juicy looking and definitely lust-worthy! The formula and application were perfect. I just needed one layer of Seche Vite to smooth it out too.


The Polish Well Skinny Dipping



 Skinning Dipping is possibly my favourite. It's a turquoise (yellow undertones) creme with gold and orange/copper fine flakie shimmer. Soooooo beautiful and the warmer undertones make it so wearable on me. I think this was two coats with one layer of Jordana Quick Shine top coat. I used SD as a base for THIS mani.


The Polish Well Pompadour




Pompadour is a fleshy pink speckled creme. I was actually expecting a pinker shimmer, but was still happy with this neutral hue. It is described as a "dusty rose pink with copper and taupe shimmer".  The taupe shimmer comes off looking more like speckles than shimmer, but the copper shimmer is subtle but noticeable. I needed three coats for full coverage and depth, and it is a little thick so you may want to add some thinner. I topped it off with one layer of Jordana Quick Shine.


The Polish Well Spring Kisses



Spring Kisses is a white crelly with purple flake shimmer, a sprinkling of silver holo dust and satin pastel pink hex glitter. It is so cute and perfect for Spring. I used three thin coats and there was still some VNL. The formula is moderately thick but applies nicely. I topped it off with one layer of Jordana Quick Shine top coat. And HERE'S a mani I did with SK as the base colour.


The Polish Well Tea Party




 Tea Party is a purple toned taupe holo. This is another favourite of mine! Again I was expecting a more purple shade, but I loved the finished result anyway. It is described as "dusty mauve lilac" but whatevs... This had a pretty thick formula and I really had to let each coat dry completely before adding another or I'd wipe it off with each stroke, like the China Glaze OMGs; but it's a great office appropriate soft holo so I don't care! I used Seche Vite on top of three thin coats of TP.


So I love every single one of these The Polish Well lacquers. The etsy shop opens the first and last 3 days of each month, so the next restock is about 3 weeks away, mark it in your diaries so you don't forget!!!! They offer international shipping and are based in Singapore.

Which one is your favourite? Do you follow The Polish Well's blog?


xxx
NPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...