Monday 19 November 2012

Different Dimensions Swatches & Review

Pin It
I discovered Different Dimensions a few months ago when my friend Grace wanted to do a group buy. I could only afford 4 at the time, but I look forward to gainful employment so I can get the 10 or so other DDs I want!!!


Different Dimensions Rainbows & Butterflies over OPI Planks A Lot
overcast

overcast

macro
Rainbows & Butterflies has a heavy silvery, flaky shimmer base akin to the Ozotic Beam range (only the colour shifts are very subtle) , pink, blue, green, purple and holo hex glitter plus pink holo butterflies! I was a wee bit worried at first that the base was going to be too heavy and silver, but it looks gorgeous in just 1 coat. I didn't find it hard to get the butterflies out, but you do need to work a little on placement so they don't end up looking odd on your nail. I love the mix of hex glitters in there, especially the lime green and brght pink together! I layered 1 coat of R&B over OPI Planks A Lot (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Collection).


 Different Dimensions On Wednesday's We Wear PINK
lamp

lamp

macro
 On Wednesday's We Wear PINK is inspired by Mean Girls. A sheer milky pink with iridescent micro and square glitter, bright pink matte micro glitter and bright and baby pink matte hexes. It ends up with VNL after 3 coats so if you don't like the look, layer it. The iridescent glitters are much prettier in person, but my camera couldn't capture the colour range in the available light. The formula is sort of thick/gloopy so it takes a bit longer to dry, but application was okay (a little uneven at first). You might want to try thinner.


Different Dimensions Sparkles Like Edward
sun

lamp

shade

shade

macro
Sparkles Like Edward is a wee bit like the watercolour painted Easter Eggs I used to make as a kid! With a pearl white base heavy on pink-gold flake shimmer and filled with small light teal, rose pink, lavender, gold and holo hex glitters, it is the perfect Spring polish!!!!! I used 3 coats for full opacity, but I think it'd look fantastic layered over a white cream. The formula is again, a little thick and dry time is slower as a consequence but SLE is sooooo worth it!!!! The pink shimmer really sparkles in the sunlight, JUST LIKE EDWARD! And I saw Breaking Dawn Pt2 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Different Dimensions That Is SO Fetch over WnW Fantasy Makers Tombstone Polish in Rest In Pieces
lamp

lamp

macro
That is SO Fetch is another Mean Girls inspired polish. A purple glitter top coat in varying shades and sizes of purple hex glitter. There's also some holo and iridescent square glitter like in On Wednesday's We Wear PINK. My batch has a bit too much base in it, you have to shake it up to get a good amount of glitter on your brush. I did 2 coats and then a wee bit of dabbing, which was a bit of a drag... But I plan on pouring some of the clear out of the bottle anyway. The base is a black purple with seriously micro, micro-glitter in fuchsia I think? It's so fine, I can't tell!!!!


I love the look of all of these polishes even if the formulas aren't spot on. My DD wish list is ever expanding thanks to how great these ones turned out!
You can purchase Different Dimension lacquers on Etsy for $8.50. Missi offers international shipping and has a really diverse Holiday Collection out now!


xxx
NPA

3 comments:

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...