Tuesday 17 April 2012

A Dollish Polish Glitterfest

Pin It
Hey guys,

It's my last night in Auckland. My last night with my babies Charlie & Buster :(,,,,
For a special last walk this arvo, I let Buster off the lead to play with another puppy we met called Rosie - a black little toy poodle/shih-tzu cross. She was a 4 month old bundle a energy!!! Dominated the heck out of Buster and was already bigger than him so she must have a lot of shih-tzu in her. They ran around in circles chasing each other for at least 15 minutes, it was fantastic! I didn't have to walk for more than 1 km myself :) And Rosie's owner gave Buster some of her treats too!!!!

I can't believe Buster is 10 months old already. The next time I see him he'll be over a year old!!!! He's laying on the couch beside me right now falling asleep like the little angel he isn't!!!!

So nail polish...
Happily I'll be going home to a LOT of NAIL MAIL!!!!!!

So keep tuned!!!

Tonight I have some Dollish Polish glitters for your viewing pleasure - did you manage to get your hands on any when she restocked yesterday? I missed out completely :( I really want GTL!!!!!!

3BFTAEH - 1 coat over silver - sunlight

3BFTAEH - 1 coat over silver - macro

3 Best Friends That Anyone Ever Had - is of course inspired by The Hangover. It's a mix of silver holo glitters ( there's hexes & bar glitter & micro glitters) and a sprinkling of medium sized blue hex glitter. I layered 1 thickish coat over China Glaze Millennium - a silver chrome. It's a fairly dense glitter so I'd say 3 coats would definitely make it opaque on its own, but it's fairly thick so I think you're best off treating it as a top coat.
The pictures play down the holo effect - it's pretty awesome and it's special to me because I don't own any other bar glitters!

Dark Elf - 2 coats - sunlight

Dark Elf - 2 coats - sunlight

Dark Elf - 2 coats -macro

Dark Elf - reminds me of the Girly Bits glitters Razzle Dazzle & Purple Potion in that it really glows with little iridescent glitters in almost all lighting conditions. It has these little bits of glitter that glow red and really bring the glitter to life! I think it's a mix of purple holo and copper-orange glitter. It's very cool and it looks great layered over purple polish. I tried it over Zoya Dannii and it was AMAZING!!!
For the photos I used 2-3 thin coats. I should have added a little extra to my index finger because it's a bit bald looking in the photos!! Dark Elf is really hungry so I recommend some glitter tamer. I used 1 coat of Poshe Fast Dry Base Coat & 2 coats of Seche Vite for a smooth and shiny finish.


IHWSH - 3 coats - sunlight

IHWSH - 3 coats - sunlight

IHWSH - 3 coats - sunlight

IHWSH - 3 coats -macro

IHWSH - 3 coats -shade - macro

I'll Have What She's Having - is possibly the hardest ever polish to photograph. These photos are from the 5th and final attempt! That means that I painted my left hand (and sometimes the right too!) on 5 different occasions and these photos were the best/most accurate I got!
It's so much prettier in real life :( I promise! This When Harry Met Sally polish is made up of micro and hex light rose glitter & light fuchsia small square glitter set in a clear base. It's rather thick so I'll be treating it as a top coat in the future, but for the pics I used 3 thin (well as thin as possible) coats for complete coverage.
She's another hungry lass so you'll be needing lashings of top coat too! It's one of Dolly's more girlish creations and I'm a big fan. I think it'd tickle any little lady's fancy for sure!

These 3 polishes joined Dolly's collection in late Feb - early March and I'm pretty sure they'll be sticking around for her next restock.
To find out more about Dolly's polish visit her shop powered by Big Cartel.

xxx
Michaela

7 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I missed out completely yesterday too. I have 3 from her already but still want more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't explain to you how excited I am! I managed to grab a few Dollish Polishes!! I was slightly late getting there but I ordered 6 all up (a couple of them only minis) but these will be my first indie polishes! I want just about every one of Dolly's polishes! Will get onto it earlier next time and snag 3BFTEAH and Its A Me Mario (and LOTS of others).
    Saw heaps of your lovely nails selling the polishes :)
    Safe travels tomorrow by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anneke, I hope you LOVE them on too!

      Delete
  3. I missed out totally on her restock but seeing Dark Elf I want it even more now!

    Have a safe trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all so gorgeous! I love glitter and I especially love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the combo of glitter in Dark Elf!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...