Wednesday 22 June 2011

OPI South Beach Collection Spring/Summer 2009

Pin It
Sup, my computer is having a mere and can't upload pictures for some reason, it won't explain why!!!!!!!!!! So I shall write this and hope that it starts to work soon!

So this collection is a few years old too and really half of it seems like a fail to me. However, there are a few gems too, like most OPI collections, I hope I don't get black listed for being a bit rude to the company...
shade

flash

Bronzed to Perfection is an odd colour. I'm not too sure how to describe it - I suppose it's a really orange medium brown/ a burnt orange creme base with gorgeous flakes of glitter/ glass fleck that gives it a different kind of shimmer. Whenever I wear it I can't stop looking at my nails. You can't really see the fleck in the photos but its awesome and shines gold mostly. I know of NO dupes. Nice formula 2-3 coats for opaqueness.
shade

flash

Overexposed on South Beach 1) great name! 2) really similar in style to Louvre me, Louvre me not but a very red purple, I find it looks quite beetroot coloured in low light when the shimmer isn't obvious. Kind of pinky too in a way - geez i'm not so good at this colour description am I? I do not like the formula though, again it is like LMLMN kind of thick but watery and I find it difficult to get even coverage, a bit of cuticle drag, 3 coater for me

shade

flash

Sand in my Suit is a really great golden beige nude with shimmer that borders on being frost-like. I think it is beautiful though, it doesn't look like a mum colour/old fashioned to me. Fairly opaque for a nude, 3 coats.
indoors

flash
Suzi & the Lifeguard is simply the pastel pink version of SINS. Very pretty and delicate, again almost a frost and same application as SINS. Probably my favourite subtle pink with shimmer. I feel girly but chic when I wear it.

These are the only ones I have. I want Done Out in Deco but it is hard to get your hands on and at the end of the day it is more or less in between Rumple's Wiggin' and Planks A Lot so I don't really need it. But the polish addict in me does!!! I also want Miami Beet which is a beetroot coloured creme but  think I have some similar polishes so I'm going to wait - plus I got it for my sister and I think she already has it so I might be able to get her extra bottle, cheeky!
Does anyone have the rest of the collection/thoughts on it?
Do you have any of the other colours?

The photo loader still won't work so I shall post this and try to add the pics later xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...