Sunday 23 March 2014

Nail Shield Review

Pin It
I broke down and bought a nail shield!!! I was so sure that they were a ridiculous trend, but the ones on Hex Nail Jewelry actually looked kind of awesome so I said, "What the hell?", and added two on to my order :)


Pahlish Sleep to Dream with Nail Shield





So it's pretty clear that this particular shield doesn't fit my nail well. My nails are just too narrow (and probably the wrong shape right now - oval nails are the ideal - maybe a little too short too!). The shield is somewhat pliable so I gently curved the nail shield so it didn't lie so flat, but it would only curve so much... Not enough for my narrows, but I believe it would be perfect for someone with standard sized nails. I always have trouble with wraps and fake nails being too wide for my nails too!

The shields and nail jewelry are way smaller and thinner than I had expected which is an awesome surprise!!! I was worried they'd all be too big for my nails, but I think most will look fine. I'll be posting more manis featuring the hex jewelry in the mid-near future.

Have you tried nail shields? Are you sold on the trend or do you have reservations? I'd love to hear about your experiences and/or opinions!!


xxx
NPA

6 comments:

  1. Well I wasn't much for the idea of nail shields, I'm just too hard on my hands for that kind of thing. However that one looks so cool I may just have to buy it and try it out on a night when I don't have to do so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm the same. I can only see myself reaching for them for a special event or occasion. The little charms look relatively wearable though

      Delete
  2. How much was the shipping from Hex Nail Jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They posted them in a regular letter envelope so I'm not sure how much it would've cost... I just played around on the website check out and it was $1.50 (USA to New Zealand) for 4 or 5 charms, I can't imagine it gets any more expensive. They are soooooo light.

      Delete
  3. This is the second time I have seen a reviewer wearing one of Hex's nail shields and I am really in love with the look. I am kind of scared of drawing so much attention to my nails and me, most of the time at least. I have seen them worn backwards by others with square nails, so the oval end is at the cuticle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thanks or the tip! I'll try that in the future.

      Delete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...